The Digies are open to PK-12 students and accepted through schools, arts councils, or public libraries. All entries are submitted digitally by a librarian, arts council member, or school staff member using a Google form. The 2022-23 Digies will open in January 2023. Requests to submit work can be initiated by emailing Andrea Fetterly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Entries are open to student-created work completed from April 9, 2022 through March 31, 2023. Work may be part of a school project or independent work. All submissions must be turned in by March 31, 2023.
• Every submission must be a PK-12 appropriate piece that should be an exemplary illustration of the student's work and achievement.
• Submissions cannot promote gratuitous violence or sexual content, nor the recreational use of controlled substances. We reserve the right to refuse submissions based on the Genesee Valley BOCES Code of Conduct.
• Entries may be submitted for individual children, larger groups, or whole classes. Each class project may have a maximum of four entries which should be project exemplars chosen by the submitter.
• A student may have a maximum of two entries per category; one as an individual and a second as a part of a group submission.
The submission deadline is March 31, 2023.
Length up to 10 minutes. Accepted formats are .mp3, .mp4, Flash Video (.flv), Windows Media (.wmv), QuickTime (.mov), or web embeddable code.
Examples: book talks, commentaries, commercials, interviews, music, news programs, or radio plays.
Image and visual graphics generated from computer software or photos submitted in a digital format. Entries may be a single image or a photo essay (submitted as a single file). Entries should be submitted at the highest resolution possible in .jpeg or .png format.
Examples: images, photos, computer art, floor plans, landscapes, literary magazines, maps, photo essays or collages, portraits, posters, or product packaging.
Visual arts media that have interactive elements. Links to online work are only acceptable with assurance that student access to the site is restricted after the submission deadline.
Examples: websites, apps, games, interactive fiction, wikis, Alice, Minecraft Worlds, Scratch, or Glogsters.
Length can be up to 10 minutes. Any moving pictures, with or without sound, including: videos, animations, and web-based content. Accepted formats are Flash Video (.flv), Windows Media (.wmv), QuickTime (.mov) files and web embeddable code.
Examples: animations, informational pieces, music videos, satires, stop motion, talkies, montages, or Animotos.
If students would like their work to be considered for use as exemplars on the Digies website or in other promotional material for the Digies, please download the permission form. The form will need to be completed by the student and a parent or guardian for students under the age of 18.